Pura Botanica Blog
Stay True To The Real You
Have you ever struggled with realizing and accepting who you are? Sometimes it can require a big change and a whole lot of courage. Since there’s no set age or time frame, everyone’s journey is different. However, learning to accept and love yourself on a day to day basis can help you live a more meaningful life. Here are some unconventional ways to stay true to the real you.
1. Don’t hate those who stumble; we all have. Being human is about making mistakes. It’s an unavoidable part of life. However, if you can learn to forgive and have compassion for others, it makes the journey through life more beautiful.
2. Take responsibility. Although things do happen, ultimately you are responsible for your actions. When we learn to accept and understand that we are in control, life takes on a whole new meaning. Put the past behind you and learn to live in the present. Understand that you have the power to control your life’s path.
3. Keep your goals aligned with your vision. It is important to see the big picture. Make sure you know what kind of person you want to be and what kind of job/life you would like to lead. From there, shape your short-term goals to move you in the right direction.
4. Know your strengths. The amazing thing about life is that there is only one you in the entire universe. No one has your exact mix of genes, personalities and experiences that make you unique. Learn what your strengths are and use them to your advantage.
5. Don’t forget to laugh. Laughter can get you through many sticky situations and lead to hours of pure fun. Be sure to include as much good humor into your day as possible. It canonly lead to more happiness.
Take this as a lesson and don’t wait to be who you are. You are special and there is a reason you are on this earth. No matter what your situation is, there is something you can do today to move toward your true self.